Here are my top ten favorite things about the end of the school year:
- Lots of field trips; My class is going to the beach and going swimming. There’s nothing in the world wrong with that.
- Fun class projects; Like in science we are doing electricity and I touched this metal ball and my hair went flying out in all directions. It’s pretty cool, and I feel like a lot of the fun stuff happens at the end of the year…
- Planning the summer with friends; sleepovers, hangout sessions, summer camps etc. Fun. Stuff.
- Finding fun things and projects to do during the summer like; camping, rafting, pool, beach, sleeping in, berry picking, etc. So. Many. Things.
- Getting warmer outside… Going from 40 degrees Fahrenheit to 75 degrees Fahrenheit is a HUGE deal in New England. And every rainy day kind of feels like the end of the world.
- Having free classes on the last day of school; not having to do work during class. School without the work is basically a giant playdate. I kind of feel sorry for the teachers.
- Everyone is happier. This might be scientifically proven. And really, we made it to the end of the year, why wouldn’t we be happy?!
- End of the year concerts; for music and chorus and any other programs we might be involved with. The concerts are cool.
- Less daily homework and generally more big projects (#YES!!!)
- Finally turning in all of the school projects; this in my book is very satisfying.
I have a lot of fun in the last month or so in school, please comment and tell me your favorite end of school activities!