I LOVE to bake! I feel that baking gives me a happy safe place. I would rather sleep in the kitchen than in my own room. I am calm and focused and comfortable when I bake, and I like that feeling. A new thing to be learned about me…I do not like having nothing to do. I always need to be doing something (just ask my mom), so when I am bored I like to bake. It keeps both my mind and hands busy, plus its such a great feeling of accomplishment when it comes out right. My signature bake is a pineapple upside-down cake. #YUM! I love to make this recipe. I’ve made it for B-days, my teachers, and also just for my family to nibble on. The original recipe I use is from Sally’s Baking Addiction, I suggest you check out her website for more delicious recipes. I’m a big fan.
Here is the recipe:
- 1/4 cup (60g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (100g) packed light brown sugar
- sliced pineapple (6-8 canned slices or use fresh)
- 15-20 maraschino cherries
- 1 and 2/3 cups (210g) sifted all-purpose flour, careful not to overmeasure 1
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup (150g) packed light brown sugar (I use dark brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature preferred
- 1/4 cup (60g) yogurt (I use strawberry yogurt)
- 1/2 cup (120ml) milk3
- 1/4 (60ml) cup pineapple juice (reserved from the canned pineapple or use fresh) (I use a mix of cherry and pineapple juice)
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) vanilla extract (sometimes I add a little extra)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 177 degrees Celsius
Prep the topping in your baking dish, place the pineapple slices and cherries in your own pattern then set the dish aside.
Mix all of your ingredients into a large bowl and mix well (it is ok if there are a few lumps in the batter).
Pour the batter into your dish and level. Bake for about 45 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes and invert cake on stand or plate.
Feel free to use the alternative ingredients I have next to the recipe! It’s super easy and wicked YUMMY!!